RE: Performance I software by Rumery and Lehman

Hi Peter --

I have a copy of the Performance I program, video tapes, and newsletters.  I am also reviewing and beta testing the upcoming release of the new version of Performance I.

Performance I, and the associated materials, describe Ryan Jones' "fixed ratio" methodology for increasing and decreasing the number of contracts traded on each new signal of a trading system.

In my opinion, the mathematical foundations of Ryan's methods are sound.

As with the "fixed fraction" techniques for money management (such as optimal f) there are several requirements for success using Performance I.

1. You must have a system with a positive expectation.  Performance I will not convert a losing system into a winning system.
2. You must have a system you have enough confidence in to take every signal.
3. You must be trading an instrument which will allow you to increase the number of units you trade from one (whatever size that is) to two, three, four, etcetera.  Performance I will work best with futures contracts and various options.  It is not as well suited to mutual funds or stocks.

Thanks,
Howard