Re: Backward Compatibility in Windows 98

Ron,

Does this backward compatibility mean that DOS programs will work in
Windows 98?

The best program that I have for some of my market work is DOS based and
would be just tooooo slow in windows.  Here's hoping!!

David Hunt
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~adest

----------
| From: Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxx>
| To: Chris Baker <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
| Subject: Re: Multiple Monitor support in Windows 98
| Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 4:27 AM
|
| First of all, I'm sure that the comment from the Omega Support Tech. that
| 16-Bit TS will not run on a 32-Bit Win-98 is simply wrong.  Perhaps he
| didn't understand the question or was having a bad day, but any 16-bit
| program will run under Win-98 -- If it didn't, much of the software that
| people rely on each day would be suddenly obsolete-- MS has always paid a
| lot of attention to backward compatibility.
|
| The multiple monitors in Win-98 will allow you to spread any image that
| normally appears on one monitor over a virtual desktop of multiple
monitors,
| but you must have a separate video card and an open slot inside your
| computer for each of the monitors.
|
| A better solution that is available now is a multiple monitor board that
| requires only one slot, but feeds multiple monitors.  One vendor is
| ColorGraphics at: http://www.colorgfx.com/
|
| -------------------------------------------------------------------
| At 01:45 PM 2/25/98 -0000, you wrote:
| >Windows 98 Beta 3 has been released for retail customers to try and
Windows
| 98 final release is due out in several months.
| >
| >Following is my e-mail to Omega Research Tech Support and their response
on
| whether TradeStation V 4.0 has been tested on Windows 98 and how
| TradeStation V 5.0 will handle the Multiple Monitors supported in Windows
| 98.   For TradeStation V 5.0 to support Multiple Monitors will require
some
| additional programming as I understand it.  (Perhaps others with more
| knowledge of Windows 98 can explain this better.)

Monitor.

| >Is TradeStation V4.0 compatible with Windows98, Multiple Monitor and
FAT32?

TradeStation