Re: A Modest Proposal

Robyn,

Your proposals all sound good. I, too, have been a moderator and participant
in many bulletin boards. Unfortunately they ignore one key point - THIS LIST
IS NOT A GENERAL PURPOSE TRADING LIST. The Omega list is for people to
discuss issues relating to Omega products. How does someone submitting their
daily trading signals satisfy this simple criteria?

The RealTrader's list (of which I'm also a member) is much more of a general
purpose list. But even that list does NOT allow member to post daily trading
signals for the simple reason if that if even a small fraction of the list
members did this, the list would be inundated with postings of little real
value.

Unfortunately, I disagree with your basic premise that people should be
allowed to post whatever they want to post, as long as they identify it. It
still takes time to determine a message is worthless and delete it.

I'm surprised that the administrators of this list are not more concerned.
Is the Omega list really a general purpose trading list? I would be willing
to bet that most members of this list are here for tips on using Omega
products. The Internet is already FULL of general trading tips and advice.

To the probable happiness of all of you, I have said my LAST word on this
matter. If  this does turn into a general purpose list then I'll just set my
e-mail program to automatically delete any message with "Denise" in it or
any other subject or author that becomes irrelevant. However, it is sad to
think that this list may degenerate. Over the last few years I have gained a
lot of good information from here (and even given a little back).

Blaine Mathieu
Turning Point Trading Inc.
(p.s. - I'm not hiding behind some cryptic pseudonym)