Re: Switching Windows

<<       Does anyone know how to cycle through open windows within a
 workspace using either keystrokes or a designated icon. I know of the "next"
 macro built in to TS and under Windows 3.1 you use to be able to use the key
 combination of ctrl <f6> to switch between open windows. Windows95 and
 possibly NT do not allow those functions within TS.

         I find that having open several workspaces with single chart and/or
 quote windows require more system resources than having fewer open
 workspaces with more windows within. Switching between workspaces is just a
 matter of paging down/up or designating a customized icon for the task, but
 I'm requiring open window switches. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The "NEXT" macro works with TS (build 20, WIN95).

You can use a programmable switchboard or, better yet, the MS
Recorder application:

I prefer the second option since that allows me -- when I need it -- to
combine mouse movements with text. Here's the way to do it.

First, the recorder setup:

a) copy the necessary files (recorder.exe, recorder.hlp,
recorder.gid, recorder.dll) from Win 3x to Win95 \windows directory

b) make a shortcut to recorder.exe and place on the desktop

c) install Desk menu from Power Tools -- it will allow you to work with
recorder without having to reduce or minimize TS

Second, the macro recording:

First, maximize all windows on the page

Then, open Recorder, File, New, Macro -- Record
-- select a Shortcut Key
-- in Record Mouse: choose Ignore Mouse
-- in Playback: Speed: select Recorded Speed, check Enable Shortcut
    Keys (if you do not check continuous loop, you can always
    select it later by going to Macro, Properties)
-- Start
    Type NEXT, wait the desired interval, type NEXT again, and so
on for each window on the page.
    To stop recording hit Control-Break, Save.

To get more ideas on cycling symbols and pages in TS by using the
Recorder see one of my earlier posts on this forum, "reprinted" in
Trader's Digest.

IU