Re: Sharing Graphs

On 26 Feb 98 16:12:44 EST (Thu), rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The size of this mail (close to 1Mb) may have exceded the allowable
>limits in some people's mail spools.  If you have large files for
>people to see, please put them on an accessable web site, maybe the
>MTA site, and refer folks to them.

A good suggestion.  Also using other graphics formats may help.  I have found, from my
limited experience with graphics formats, the the common Windows .BMP format is
very inefficient.  I opened the spx.bmp file and saved it as a .gif file and the file size
shrunk from 308k to 10k, roughly a 95% space savings.  Most graphics viewers can
read .gif files, including all web browsers.

Just a thought,

Lawson McWhorter
lawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx