Re: highest / 2nd highest volume

Eckardt wrote:

> 1 . I would like to creat a show me study, showing me the highest and/or
> second highest volume in the last n days.

The following should show you the highest volume in the last n days:

Input: Length(10);
IF CurrentBar > 1 and  V > Highest(V,Length)[1] Then Begin
  Plot1(High,"ShowMe");
  IF CheckAlert Then Alert = TRUE;
End;

> And 2. is there a possibility in TS to do pattern recognition based on
> high, low, close? Somethging that can tell me that - i.e. the last three
> days, we had higher highs and highjer lows, that this means we have a
> high percentage odd of a higher close today? Sounds like statistics to
> me, but I´m awefully far away from being a programmer.

I suppose you could write a simple system in TS to test for those spec's
and see if it makes any money. There is a product from NAVA patterns which
looks back historically for a match of whatever pattern you're trying to
match but it does not do statistical or profitability analysis and is only
available for DOS.  Maybe someone else has a better answer for this
question.

Carlos Lourenco