W95 dial-up networking bug fix

This is off topic but several people have posted in the past about
having problems with W95 dial-up networking hanging the computer. On the
advice of my ISP, I downloaded the latest winsock from:

  http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/netwrk/winsock2/ws295sdk.exe

It *seems* to have cured the problems I was having. I thought I had the
latest version of winsock (4.00.950) but this one (4.10.1511) is newer
even though the date is older. Go figure.

The installation isn't automatic. Double-click the .exe and it will
extract to a folder you specify. Close all apps, go into the setup
subdirectory and double-click ws2setup.exe. Then reboot.

If it doesn't work, blame Microsoft, not me. :-) There's a readme that
tells how to restore your original configuration.

--
   Dennis