Re: Mechanical System Evaluation Guidelines

Tony,
I have to agree with most of what you are intending to state. Thanks for the
time put forth for your evaluations well communicated.
What every person wants when buying any tool (system) that they have to rely on
and that they place their money on or in, is reassurance by actual "statistics"
that that tool (system) works and will, hopefully continue to work. That you do
not care how good the "salesmanship" is and how convincing he is when selling
you that tool. You want to look at the hard facts! Did it, does it and will it
work? How well?

I agree.

Further may I ask you do you own Tradestation or Supercharts?
If so---
Whom did you buy it from?

Do you know whether the programmers of these products are traders? Currently
traders? Were traders? Successful traders?
Would this be a necessary criteria in determining the selection and purchasing
of the very platform upon which all subsequent systems, whether purchased or
written by you or by someone else, has to run?

Did you have at your disposal the hard "statistics" from which you could
determine that this software product would perform to your satisfaction before
the purchase? That the Language module with which to write systems performed
their specified tasks properly?

Just wondering if WHO you purchase something from is really getting confused
with the actual hard "statistics" of HOW  a given system or software system
running platform performs.
If this is not added inapplicable data regarding the purchasing of a system, or
software to run a system, then the sales staff better be traders too. The UPS
man too.
See U
Tom
planeacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What can you take with you when your dead?  That is the Question