Re: Mechanical System Evaluation Guidelines

PO wrote:

>3 years EOD?
>Not enough!
>I use 30 years on 30 min ntraday data
>I test on unseen data with more than 500 years with daily bars.
><<

Pierre,
I think you misunderstood.  I require "audited account statements
documenting the real time system performance," meaning actual executed
trades documented by brokerage statements from the system vendor.  You
probably thought I was talking about system backtesting.  I'm talking about
real trades.

TH wrote:

>If you intend to become a serious trader (part-time) or full time trader,
then only buy WHITE BOX systems.

PO wrote:

>Unfortunately, there are very limited.
>One of the best that I have seen (according to Future Truth) was a ONE
LINE EL
>CODE.
>Price list>1200$.
>Seems to be an Aberration (c) and (g)....

Pierre, you rascal, you...<G>

                Tony Haas

The commodities market is that creation
of man that humbles him the most.