Re: System testing

I don't trade futures - but the first two things I look at are:  does this system
beat buy and hold - and what are the drawdowns (i.e., any system that kept me long
going into the 1987 crash isn't much of a system).  I doubt the first has any
relevance for a futures trader - but I'm sure the second is much more important
for you than for me.

Even though I trade intermediate term - not short term - I think the NYSE and the
Nasdaq are totally different animals.  I wouldn't create a system on one to trade
on the other.  What are you trying to trade?  Robyn