Re: Uncle Bob Responds

Tony Hass wrote:

>Is Omega PIRATING their own products???  PIERRE, say it ain't so!!! <G>
>
>Dave DeLuca wrote (in part):
>
>>> You are under a false impression here Robyn. SuperCharts was
> never advertised as having "full-featured EL programming
>capability", and never offered any such features to users... <<
>
>Dave, the evidence shows that you (and Pierre) are WRONG...

Of course, just saying so doesn't make it true...

>Robyn Greene wrote (in part):
>
>>>When I bought SuperCharts - I had a month old version of Metastock.  I
>said "I can't do this with Metastock - can I do it with SuperCharts".  And
>Omega sales said sure - this product is exactly what you want.  I went to
>Omega's office and picked up the program that afternoon.  The program came
>with a 600 page manual - a large part of which was devoted to EL
>programming.  The manual sung the virtues of EL - and never mentioned that
>I had bought a "crippled" program.  When I had trouble doing programming
>that week - I called up tech support - and it said - "you can't do that
>with SuperCharts - you'll have to buy TradeStation".  <<
>
>...and the counselor is RIGHT....CASE CLOSED...next case on the docket,
>please...
>
>                Tony Haas

If it was Omega's intention to market SuperCharts with all
the programming features of TradeStation then I'm sure they
would have:

1) Provided an editor with more than a few lines for
entering code.
2) Made it easy to use, instead of requiring that users
enter a false statement to "trick" the editor into accepting
further lines of code.
3) Told their customers how to use it.

WRT to Robyn's purchase of SuperCharts, I don't doubt that
her story is true. In fact it supports what I've been
saying, since she was told by tech support that the
programming she required was only supported by TradeStation.
But it's a far leap from there to say that Omega "crippled"
SuperCharts.

When you bought SC you got what you paid for. If you took
advantage of the loophole that allowed you to enter extended
code into the 2.1 QuickEditor then you got more than you
paid for. If you were misled by salespeople when you
purchased the program (and I know this happens far too often
with some companies) then that's when you need to take them
up on their 30-day money back guarantee.

Dave