Re: Uncle Bob Responds

When I bought SuperCharts - I had a month old version of Metastock.  I said "I can't do
this with Metastock - can I do it with SuperCharts".  And Omega sales said sure - this
product is exactly what you want.  I went to Omega's office and picked up the program
that afternoon.  The program came with a 600 page manual - a large part of which was
devoted to EL programming.  The manual sung the virtues of EL - and never mentioned that
I had bought a "crippled" program.  When I had trouble doing programming that week - I
called up tech support - and it said - "you can't do that with SuperCharts - you'll have
to buy TradeStation".  Since I had about 1 month's experience with systems and TA - I
didn't feel like buying TradeStation that week - and subsequently learned how to do the
programming (on my own).  Never spoke with Omega again until I started making inquiries
about Y2K compliant products.

Anyway - my attitude with Omega (and other software vendors) since that time is don't
give me sales pitches - "show me the software".  Robyn