Re: Expiring Passwords and Final MB post!

Robyn Greene wrote:

>Thanks for all this information about passwords, dongles and the like.
>
>Next question - since the dongle operates on the parallel port - are there
any
>known problems using the dongle with a tape backup system which works off the
>parallel port (I use both HP Colorado and Iomega backups - but they both work
>off the parallel port).  Robyn

I have a Colorado 250 MB Jumbo TPU, but it's run off the IDE card.  From
what I understand, the dongle is transparent to printer and TPU calls.
Sometimes a problem may result if the printer is turn off...get the
infamous "block not found message."  Turn on printer, no more problems.
[Sidebar: I usually leave all computer components turned on 24 hr / day,
including printers and monitors.  I believe that cycling on and off causes
board failures and general circuitry fatigue.  Big debate on this one...pro
and con.  But I have several computers (8088 and 286 vintage) and printers
still in use today after powered on 24 hr / day for over 14 years.]

                Tony Haas

The commodities market is that creation
of man that humbles him the most.