re: EL: pass/reference data set?

Excellent suggestion, Earl.  And well said, too.  I have wished for the
same thing many times and I will express our desires clearly during the
beta phase.

If they do not have the ability 'in the works' for 5.0 then I will advise
that they put it high up on the 6.0 list.  I am not going to (unlike some
other times in my career) interfere with the timely release of their new
version.

Samuel

>Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 07:31:48 -0700
>From: "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: EL: pass/reference data set?
>
>When passing multiple series within the same data set, it seems both
wasteful and repetitive to require an input for each series:

>    NyOpen(Open of Data7),
>    NyHigh(High of Data7),
>    NyLow(Low of Data7),
>    NyClose(Close of Data7),
>    SpOpen(Open of Data3),
>    SpHigh(High of Data3),
>    SpLow(Low of Data3),
>    SpClose(Close of Data3);
>
>Does anyone know if there is a way to pass and use a reference to a
complete data set rather than each of its data series? Something along
these lines:

>    NySet(Data7),
>    SpSet(Data3);
>    If Close of NySet > Close of SpSet .......
>
>Earl Adamy

    Samuel K. Tennis,  VISTA Research and Trading, Inc.
    8103 Camino Real C-409       voice: 1(305) 273-1321
    S. Miami, FL  33143            fax: 1(305) 273-9164
    skt@xxxxxxxx               http://www.gate.net/~skt