Re: dayTraderUpgrade

Hi Hinton,

You wrote:

> A while back I told WOW that I thought a steep upgrade discount for licensed
> TS users might help many to switch. They responded that it was "in the works".

A few weeks back I had the time to visit WOW and to review their
upcoming new version of DayTrader Pro.  We discussed several different
items, one of which is a translater to take the TS indicators, systems,
functions, etc., and turn them into WOW statements.  They currently have
on the market a version of DayTrader Pro that was introduced in
September, 1997.  Like all software companies, they are working thru
some of the bugs of the new product.

I was very impressed about how their product will currently do several
different things that TS will not do, ie, better scanning routines,
support of DTN, 32 bit software, Y2K compliant now, etc.  They seem very
open minded as to what they should consider as new features for their
new upcoming release of DayTrader Pro, and how to meet the
"professional" trading requirements of those on this list.  Their
support for DDL, OCX, etc seems to be stronger in the area of
transfering information from DayTrader Pro to "the outside world" than
the current TS support.

As soon as the "improved" version of DayTrader Pro hits the streets,
then it will be interesting to compare the new versions of both products
concerning "upgrades", features, data feeds, ease of use, scanning
ability, server support, and Easy Language support.  If both products
support EL completely, then your EL system should run with similar
results on both systems.  It would be interesting to compare trade by
trade results to determine which product implements your trading rules
successfully.

If you are looking for an alternative, then they may be good choice?

R Tareilo

PS:  WOW is a member of this list and they take notes concerning the
problems and faults of TS.  I am sure your continued discussion of TS
will make their software better.

PSS:  WOW is also aware of the problem or "bug" list that was
constructed and forwarded to Omega.  They have used that "bug" list to
improve their own product (or so I was told).