Re: Mark Brown

At 07:42 PM 2/20/98 -0800, Jobe Moss wrote:
>I have been an Omega customer now for over 12 years starting with the
>System Writer and to present Trade Station and Option Station.  I too
>have been frustrated with Omega's track reacord starting with their
>phaseout of system writer up to their failure to provide a  year 2000
>patch for TS 4.0.   I have read numerous attacks on Mark Brown  on this
>Omega list  this past year, some with merit however, most from jealous
>also-rans.   Granted, Mark is a little gamey at times he but, he is
>definitely an asset to this forum.    Mark, unlike most of the snake oil
>salesmen on this list pushing their trading systems  supported me in my
>day trading  of the S&P 500 last year.   In the fall of 1996 Mark Brown
>provided me with one of his S&P day trading systems at no front-end cost
>to me or my customers.   The only cost to us would be if we made money
>we would pay him a percentage of the profits.   He let his trading
>system speak for itself.   I am sure most of the dickheads on this
>list,  bad mouthing him at every chance, would not offer a prospective
>client the same deal.   Why?   Because their systems won't hold up in
>the real world.  The system we used produced over $35,000 per contract
>in real time trading for 1997.    My customers and myself  are $$$$$$
>better of by knowing Mark Brown.   Say what you will, this guy is an
>asset to this list.   I assure you he doesn't need this omega list, but
>if you run him off,  you will be the loser.  Personally, I prefer a
>person who is brutally honest.
>
>Jobe Moss
>Pres. MCM, Inc.
>http://web2.airmail.net/mcm1/

Yep agree with that most people I know use hypothetical results and hide
their own trading and then claim great results. Ask them for personal
results and they go hide so I to appreciate honesty as well. I just watch
them post wax stuff and give advise and smile because I know they will be
gone in two more years. Been doing this over 20 years so I know the real
traders will always be missed and I consider it a loss to lose Mark.

Robert