Re: Omega Doesnt Trust Me!!!

If I remember correctly I think my password has only expired once in 6 or
so years (with the final version) I called accounting and got the good
forever password and has never given me a problem since.  the only other
time that I have gotten the warning that my password was about to expire
was during beta testing, and then it gave me at least a week to call in and
get a new one.  So this password thing is kind of a mute point for me as
well as most people. I think that rather than complaining just call and
ask, that is what I did and there was no problem.  the automated password
deal that Omega had or still uses, has never worked for me at all, it just
says that there is no record of me or something like that or doesn't
recognize the phone number even though I have verified it as being correct
with accounting several times.  I think the best course of action is a
constructive one between us, as users and Omega, I made that point several
months ago and now Janette Perez is answering some important questions and
at least giving us some input although more is better.  The point is that
if you ask the right question the right way you will probably get the right
answer. ie (how do I get my permanent password versus Omega doesn't trust
me) backing someone into a corner is not the way to get things done, It
tends to make people want to fight back.  nuff said

----------
> From: greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: Dave <yankee93@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Omega Doesnt Trust Me!!!
> Date: Friday, February 20, 1998 5:38 PM
>
> It can be a "big issue" (or a "little issue") in several situations.
What if the
> password expires on a weekend when you need to run charts so you'll know
what - if
> anything - you have to do on Monday morning.  What if it expires when
you're on
> the road - and it's difficult to contact Omega during its normal working
hours
> (I've sometimes been in places where I had access to a modem hookup - but
no
> telephone - many time zones away from EST)?  What if the company does go
kaput?
> Or what if the company just decides it doesn't want to give you a new
password 4
> years from now to force you to upgrade even though your program is
working
> perfectly fine from you POV?  I think these are legitimate concerns - and
I'll
> have to think about them.  Robyn
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > I paid for TS in cash over a year ago.  I have periodically had to call
in
> > for a password...
> > no big deal--it takes about 5 minutes.  The last time I called for a
PW,