Re: Omega Doesnt Trust Me!!!

Ron,

> Ownership seems to be a common mis-conception for a few people on
> this List -- You don't "Own" any Omega product, but instead it is
> licensed to you for your private use only-- same as Windows and many
> other software programs on your computer.  There's a big difference
> between ownership and a license to use something.

It seems that the mis-conception lies somewhere else.
If someone "purchases" a Omega product he enters into a contract
whereby Omega grants him  a PERMANENT licence to
use the product. Therefore it is not appropriate to incurr any
further costs (telephone costs: Europe - USA) for obtaining
passwords.

I was once on the phone for 15 minutes to Omega from Germany to
obtain a permanent password for my fully paid up version while they
tried to figure out whether I actually deserved one. Do you think
they asked me whether they could call me back ?

If Omega ever goes bust then all those people with time-bomb password
will be completely f....d.  Omega should really get
their act together and make sure that permanent means permanent.

Gerrit