Re: Just a Humble Observation

Alan Savant wrote (in part):

snip

I have observed that the real real traders often get shot
>down by the vendors on the list. There are many vendors on many list. By
>natural selection some Alpha male that is not well liked usually holds
>them at bay. Else they, the vendors would overrun the list.

snip

from the Welcome to Omega-List:

Commercial Messages
-------------------
Please do not use this list to sell your phenomenal trading system.
If you have a product that helps solve a specific problem posed by
a list member, you may mention it in that context, but you must be
brief and specific.  If in doubt, send your potential post to the
list's maintainer, jimo@xxxxxxxxxx, to see if it's appropriate.

If we have to put up with a few commercial ads on e-mail sig's, fine.  I
usually delete the message before I get that far down.  Even Pierre's neuro
fuzzy stuff is okay OCCASIONALLY.  Most don't mind reading about anything
that is trading related.  At least this list is not like
misc.invest.futures yet <g>.

snip

Name Witheld wrote (in part):

You may also be interested in the advanced trading list.
>It seems to have a strong technical following that does not focus only
>on Omega products.

Actually, the Omega list should not focus entirely on Omega
products...again, from the Welcome to Omega-List:

This list is for the discussion of issues important to professional
traders, people who earn their living trading in the financial
markets....

....Although the list was started with an Omega support function in mind,
list members frequently discuss other, non-Omega related trading
topics. Any subject is welcome, as long as it is pertains directly to
serious trading.

I think that this reminder is important for the pinheads who cry "get off
the list if you don't like Omega, blah, blah, blah".  I hope we can expand
the focus of competing products (such as Day Trader Pro, when it becomes
available in 3Q 98 with a EL emulator /  translator) as they become available.

                Tony Haas

Meat's not meat til it's in the pan.

	- Charlie Russell