Re: Omega Doesnt Trust Me!!!

Ron Augustine wrote:

>Ownership seems to be a common mis-conception for a few people on this List
>-- You don't "Own" any Omega product, but instead it is licensed to you for
>your private use only-- same as Windows and many other software programs on
>your computer.  There's a big difference between ownership and a license to
>use something.
>
>As far as the password issue is concerned, I've been using TS for 6 years
>and the minor inconvenience of periodically requesting a new password is no
>big deal and is far out-shadowed by the value of the software in taking
>profits out of the market...

I agree with Ron on this one.  I've used TS 3.01, 3.5, and 4.0 and only had
to request a new password a few times.  Once I was off the monthly payment
plan, I requested a permanent password from accounting and have used it
ever since (3+ years).  I've changed computers 3 times and never had a
password problem.

I hate the idea of passwords and copy protection in general, but recognize
it as a cost of doing business.

                Tony Haas

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

	- Mark Brown