Re: Re : EL book and EL self training

Pierre,

One of the best things Omega could do to make EL better would to be to have better
debugging facilities.  I can't think of any other language on a PC today that does
not allow for a trace/stepping through code and a display of variable values.  If
you could do this, you could then figure out what TS and EL is doing.  Having a
print statement as the only debugging tools is how I learned to code in the early
70's.  The other thing that is not very reasurring, is the fact that if you look
in online help you will find functios that are not documented anywhere.  They are
listed, but not documented.  Also, a snipit of code showing how it is used and
called would also go a long way.  And you know Omega must have some of this code
available, or else that means they never tested the new functions.