Re: Who is Mark Brown?

Allan Savant wrote:

>Last night in one of the financial newsgroups I saw a post by this guy.
>I contacted him by private email and he offered to help me with some
>code off his cuff. I had struggled for months and bam there it was. He
>suggested I get subscribed to this list and so I did. I just got my
>first digest this morning and he is all over. I tried to make out some
>of the cryptic ramblings he posted. But best I could tell he warned me
>I'm in trouble with my software. I use SC 2.0 and he said in the year
>2000 it was dead. Is this true? While my meager investment in software,
>big investment in intellectual property is working fine for now what
>will happen? Is someone using the new SC 4.0 and do you find it a large
>improvement over SC 2.0?

LOL...not at you, Alan, but the question...I feel the noise level
increasing already!

Depending on who talk with, he is either the most reviled or the most
entertaining and helpful (ex)member of this list.  I find his rants, while
sometimes caustic, are brutally honest.  He speaks from his heart and has a
genuine passion for trading and system development.  He generates a
love-hate relationship that deifies description.

>PS I wonder if there are some archives of the list so I won't bore the
>populace here with catching up?

from a prior e-mail:

The searchable index can be found at:
    http://www.intrepid.com/~gary/omega-list

The complete archive (in mailbox format) is 4 megs. in gzip'd
compressed form, 12 megs when expanded, and can be retrieved at:
    ftp://ftp.intrepid.com/pub/gary/omega-list.gz

Have fun...still LOL...this is better than Fornigate <<<GGG>>>

                Tony Haas

Meat's not meat til it's in the pan.

	- Charlie Russell