Re: Metastock format in Excel

Thanks for the response Hans, Metastock's converter is a good one.

I still want to enable Excel to query the database without converting the
entire database first. For instance, I may want to use visual basic to
create a list, every day, of all shares with volume greater than 100 000 on
a particular day, list and sort them, etc.

I do not want to have to convert all the shares to ASCII or Excel first,
every day.

Also, I have about 50 Meg of Metastock format files, convert that to excel
and see what happens...... nothing very fast.

You wrote:

> Does anyone know how to let Excel read the Metastock data
> format?
>
> I have a program which can convert metastock to an ASCII file and
> back, but I want to be able to access or query the data directly in
> Excel, preferably from VBA. Thanks lrubidge@xxxxxxxxxxx

Metastock itself has a converter which can transfer into lots of
formats - one of it is EXCEL ! - as easy as that........