Re: How about a REAL useful TS 5.0 feature - Come on OMEGA !!!

Tom Cathey wrote:
<snip>
> The point I'm making is why don't they have an option to leave a little
> space to the right of the chart so that you can text in a few comments,
> cycle points, or whatever into the FUTURE?  It could be called an "extend"
> feature and would simply be a matter of adding a user input  factor like
> .25 to tell the chart to leave 1/4 of the space to the right blank, etc.
> <snip>
Tom,

There is a way to get some space to the right of the last bar.  It's not
perfect, but it's better than nothing.  It only works on intra-day data.

For example, put a 5 Min bar chart of T-bonds in Data 1. In Data 2, put
a 400 Min. (which is the time of the whole day session) bar chart of the
same T-bonds.  At the first tick of the day, Data 2 will start to form a
bar at the closing time. You will have a whole day of space to the right
of the current 5 Min. bar.  The space will get smaller as the day goes
on, but it is fine for projecting trendlines, making time projections,
etc.

I agree that it would be much better of Omega would allow you to specify
a blank space which stayed constant through the day, and to let you do
it on daily charts as well.

I tried daily data in Data 1 and monthly in Data 2, but it plots the
partial monthly bar in the next bar beyond the last daily bar, so you
never get more than one blank day.

I hope this helps.
                        Jim Sullivan