Re: How about a REAL useful TS 5.0 feature - Come on OMEGA!!! "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@xxxxxxx>

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How about a REAL useful TS 5.0 feature - Come on OMEGA!!! "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:38:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi FPI -

Thanks for the suggessions on the chart extension.  Actually I've been
using that same technique myself for off-line work, but as you rightly
suspected, it doesn't seem to work in real time.  Guess we both somehow
arrived at the same fix for the "best of the best"- <G>

However, what does work in real time (and anyone interested should try
this) is to use say, 15 minute bars for data1, and hide data2 as daily
bars. This gives you until 12:00 midnight of blank space to work with. You
must manually scroll the chart over throughout  the day, but is OK with me
for now....I use this on all my charts now.

BUT, this data2 technique doesn't work on real time DAILY bars in data1,
though. I tried putting weekly bars in Data2 expecting it to push out a
week, but NG.
What I really mean is  that this chart extension doesn't go past 12
midnight no matter what you do.

I did get a good suggesion from Tom to check out Patricks page concerning a
manual for $45 that solves the problem, but Patrick replied back today it
is for off-line server work, and will not work in real time....scratch
that.   IF I find something that will extend daily bars in real time (or
anything else like this) I will be the first to post it here. I still think
that based on the tremendous response I've received  and evidence of guys
wanting this for years now, maybe Omega will stop the press and add it into
5.0.  Think I'll make a few phone calls on Tuesday about it to
Omega....what the heck.

Ya know, in my early optimized mush days I used to use software from Don
Pardo (yes, Mr. Opto himself) and I must say that many times I called him
about improvements, and honest to God, he sometimes did them THAT day and
sent them out UPS overnight on a 5 1/4" floppy to me. Unbelievable service!
Or should I say "Legendary"? service.  <g>

**  Another thing that drives me nuts with 4.0 is when I try to re-size
windows with a double click of the right mouse button, if I'm not perfect
in my timing I get that "insert/modify" window that pops up.    3.5 never
did that. Also the price bars get littered with these little
squares.....more useless stuff that should have a way to turn off...maybe
there is a way, but tech help couldn't tell me.

Happy Trails,

Tom Cathey

> ***My frustration turned to amazement when I discovered 2 years ago that
my
> bright, shiny new "best of the best" TS couldn't "extend" a chart to the
> right. My first thought was, "Who the heck signed off on this oversight?"
> The blind leading the blind? Or just run amuck number crunchers who
> couldn't read a price chart if a gun was put to their head?
>
> However, since I HAD to be able to do that, there is a workaround, at
least
> in the Downloader.
>
> 1) Change the date on your computer to reflect the date you wish the
chart
> extended to.
>
> 2) I use the Offline Server, but the Online Server may work also.  Don't
> know because I've never tried it.

CLIP