Re: Telephone Tape Recorders

Radio Shack is where I got mine. There is basically three ways to go there:
1. Microcassette Recorder and black telepone Mic (you must depress the record
button) about $50 total
2. Casssette tape recorder and additional control unit (you must manually
depress record on some models) about $75 total (two powersupplies required, to
power the recorder and control unit)
3. My choice: Small price to pay considering what it could cost you!
Standalone unit(Model TCR-200) $100  with faster tape speed(allows more record
time but can only play back at faster speed with this unit) and voice
activated capability, No auto-reverse-must check tape remaining. If you run
out recording stops and you flip the tape over or put new tape in. If you make
any calls from a particular phone it will record all conversations from that
phone only , can also turn off the 15 second beep which tells others your are
taping.  Not all states require the other parties permission or knowledge that
they are being taped.  Check with you local police dept or don't!

Jon