Re: First Aid '97

  • To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: First Aid '97
  • From: "A.J. Carisse" <carisse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:35:29 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Hinton, Stuart, and Marion for your input on this.

Marion, does the corrupt file cause the hang, or is it a product of it?  This
is a good question, but my guess would be that it does cause it.

Stuart: This sounds great, but the type I'm having locks up all input devices
- I've got "antifreeze" capabilities already, and they don't help this.
However, this might be worth looking into.

This is a real bummer, as I currently have to reboot my computer, and reload
everything in the middle of the trading day, as well as missing data.  It
might be worth my while to cough up the mula and contact Microsoft Support on
this.  There's nothing in their database, but I'd be surprised if they
haven't encountered it.  Getting a fix may be another story, however.

Regards,
A.J.