Re : DLL return values in TS

Dans un courrier daté du 23/01/98 20:04:44  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 <<
 2.1.20  DLL RETURN VALUE TYPES (PRIORITY      10)
 DLL functions in Easy Language don't work properly.  Return value types of
 anything other than an int or a long don't seem to work.  Also passing
 parameters as pointers to variables doesn't work except for strings.

  Can anyone confirm or refute this.....

This one was discussed in one of my previous posts years ago about the
OmegaBug.
The returned value of a DLL function must be an INT for sure (long, I do not
remember),
when considered as an error code for example.

Some succeeded, but it was necessary to have a special Borland or MS document.

BUT you may return anything from a DLL (arrays values and so on).
Passing parameters (inputs) work if you pass them as LONG or LPLONG, FLOAT or
LPFLOAT.

Other people better than me can confirm and or explain in details (what
theybhave already done if I remember)

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com