Re: Let's put it to a vote

bruceb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Rather
> than just have these ideas float in one at a time, I propose that we
> assemble a general list of the features we want to see in TS 5 and have
> every member of this email list vote on them as to their priority.

Here's my Top 5:

(1)  32 bit operating system.  I'm putting this ahead of even the Y2K solution.
I run only the latest and most powerful PC hardware available, and I've still
got problems tracking more than a handful of stocks.  I'll give up my database
and start fresh in the year 1900 to get this.  Fortunately, it's reportedly been
taken care of in v.5.0.

(2)  I'd like to keep my database, so the Y2K fix would be next.

(3)  Full notification of all alerts and signals.  Currently, if two or more
alerts or signals occur at the same time, you will be notified of only one.  You
have to constantly monitor STCC and ATCC to see what went off, which is a big
nuisance.

(4)  Tick by tick alerts that only occur once every bar, rather than ringing off
the wall.  As it is, you have to disable the alert not to have it incessantly
tripping, which is a pain and wastes valuable time.

(5)  Bad data filtering.  Bad ticks from BMI have been increasing lately, and it
would be nice if the software would automatically delete at least some of them,
to save me from doing it manually.

While I'm on this topic, I think the STCC could be improved by allowing the user
more control of what is being tracked.  In cases where I don't want certain
signals tracked, it would be a lot less cluttered up if I had control over what
is being monitored on this screen.  Even something as simple as a disable
tracking command would be fine.  As well, a database within STCC which keeps a
record of the daily results would be very nice, much in the same way as the open
positions does now, only that it would include ALL the day's signals, not just
those still open.

Regards,
A.J.