OMEGA bashing

I subscribed to this group to get more technical knowledge about using
Omega products. As a new member for the last two weeks, I was surprised
to find out that most of the postings are from dissatisfied customers. I
have an impression that it must be common to most of the software
companies.
I think Omega is not alone and software industry as a fairly new on the
market is still in the stages of maturing ( just comparison to auto
industry and their problems ).
Several weeks ago I couldn't load my Netscape Communicator as it was
giving me GPF on one of the Windows95 components. I spoke with Netscape
representatives and the only help I could get, was the answer " go to
Microsoft as the GPF calls for their component". When I contacted
Microsoft the first thing I was asked to provide my credit card number
as all technical help is not for free. Great idea Bill - issue a
software with some flaws and later correct it on the client's cost. I
suspect MS is making a large chunk of their profit by charging for
technical support for solving problems on their own product. I have been
working in many places, but if mistake was made by our company it was
our liability to absorb the cost of correcting our problems.
With the help from Microsoft rep. the problem was found and corrected
and it was clear the problem with Netscape was created by one of it's
corrupted file. When I described the problem and the way it was
corrected to Netscape, I never received any reply. Next thing I'm
reading in the paper that Netscape had a huge losses and will lay off
some of the employees. Is it surprising - for me not.
I'm sorry for this lengthy message, but I'm trying to link similar
problems to all software industry. Years ago users in majority, were not
very sophisticated and were happy to get any software. The time has
changed and software companies must pay more attention to what customer
says. Many of these customers nowdays are very refined and sophisticated
and they know what they need.

Regards to all,
Alex