: Re: Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing

Dans un courrier daté du 14/01/98 23:30:12  , Gwenaël Gautier écrit :

<< If you cannot or don't want to afford the cost of being professionnal,
 that is perfectly OK, but then you play in the amateur ligue, and charge
 amateur prices for amateur products. Right now, for me TS is kind of in
 between for lack of rigor in its inherent design: SUPERB but a BIT
 SLOPPY at times hummmmh?

 Mind though, Omega has come a long way, it used to be real sloppy with
 version 3.5! We can only hope to see the positive trend continue with
 TS5.0.

This is not my opinion.
As  a long time user (block 307), I remember the long way from version, 1.0 to
TS4 build 20.
Who remember version 1.0 ?
Omega behaviour is not "sloppy". Its "steepy" with also a fractal component
observed maybe since TS3.5.
SDoi, you cannot forecast what will be TS5.

<<
 One becomes what one is putting in at every moment. If you don't
 respect your clients as equal partners, you will not become their
 equal partner, for they will not respect you either. It seems some of
 this must have been happening at some point, as I notice I am not the
 only one to have had too many frustrating experiences with Omega which
 had no reason to be, or to become such.

In most of cases, frustrating experiences with Omega are not real.
One may better speak of " Omega users having individually  frustrating
experiences with their software".
Curiously, I have not this experience after 6 year of full time TS programming
and testing realtime.
Maybe the tick editing problem  is an exception.
It's obviously explained by the 16 bit encoding as pointed out recently.
This will be solved in TS5 server that is a 32 bit version.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
Omega Reseach self promoted lawyer.