Re: Excel Help

>Sorry to bother the list with this, but I've screwed up big-time and
>need to recover, and you guys seem to know all the answers. In trying to
>make it easier to find things in Win95, I created some new file folders,
>gave them logical names and put them in logical places (or so seems to
>me). It doing so I've messed up Excel. The message I get is "A required
>.DLL file, MS097.DLL, was not found." I've also gotten "XL8409.DLL is
>missing or damaged" Can someone copy those files from Office97 and send
>them to me with a note of where to put them? Many, many thanks. Like the
>trader who says, "Please Lord, just bring this market back and I'll
>never do it again!" if I get out of this I'll just leave my hard drive
>organized the way Bill Gates likes it.

If you reinstall Excel, this should easily clean the problem up plus any
other problems you may have created for Excel.  In my experience, Microsoft
software reinstall very well, leaving preferences that you've set, etc.
They generally even recognize where you installed the original files.

So I think that is your most convenient and safest option.

BTW, it's okay to organize your hard drive the way you want it.  Just
don't move stuff around that is related to programs without programs
being aware of it.  It is usually best to install programs where you
want them NOT install them in a default location then move them manually.

Chris Norrie