[EquisMetaStock Group] Summary Judgement of the Articles

Andy, here are a couple of minor additions to your summary.

1. No one implied that some of the people on here are physically
lazy. Some are just mentally lazy. Some feel entitled to have
everything handed to them. Maybe you've met people like that in your
neighborhood or at the office.

On the other hand, there are many helpful, intelligent members who
give and take in equal measure. There are others who simply try to
take, take, and take, and some who just sit and watch while everyone
else does the work. The democrates want to give the needy a hug and
the republicans want to cut off their welfare.

2. Neither Jose or I have a lot of time. Jose is a full time trader
and systems developer, so am I. I trade intraday and EOD. Jose trades
EOD. My trading takes between 10 and 12 hours a day. I write the
posts while the computer is crunching numbers, or I'm watching
charts. Jose publishes a detailed list of his trades and his results.
Anyone who wishes to see them can. In addition, Jose is an excellent
programmer, whose code is elegant. Roy is in the same class with Jose.
Roy publishes a newsletter that teaches coding among other things.
Excellent to say the least.

3. In your summary, you glossed over a few things and left out
Charlie's step by step explanations of how to construct systems. Oh,
well. I guess a summary can't have everythng in it.

4. Of course Charlie talks about TradeStation. The articles were
written for TradeStation users and Charlie owns the TradeStation
companies, so he's probably not going to recommend Metastock.

5. Here's my summary of what you need to get from the articles. Learn
the progression from discretionary trader to strategy trader and
figure out where you are in the process. Learn the steps to system
development, learn the steps for strategy development, learn how to
develop a system that matches the strategy, learn how to do money
management and then how to turn the whole thing into a real trading
business.

6. Why should someone do this? So they don't lose their money.

7. If you are going to lose all your money, at least have fun!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM