[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Summary Judgement of the Articles

Super,

Your points are well taken.

There is however, a distasteful arrogance on this board that is
unjustified. There are, shall we say, posters on this board who are
new to trading but have nevertheless achieved significant financial
success in their lives through other means -- I'd venture to say,
financial success that is an order of magnitude beyond what the
world's best trader can achieve in a lifetime. If such a person
queries about, say the curve fitting of a system, there is no need to
belittle them with trite stories about pretzels and rocks. I can only
surmize that the situation would resolve itself rather quickly
without the anonymity of a message board, and a pecking order would
establish toute suite.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:

> Andy, here are a couple of minor additions to your summary.
>
> 1. No one implied that some of the people on here are physically
> lazy. Some are just mentally lazy. Some feel entitled to have
> everything handed to them. Maybe you've met people like that in
your
> neighborhood or at the office.
>
> On the other hand, there are many helpful, intelligent members who
> give and take in equal measure. There are others who simply try to
> take, take, and take, and some who just sit and watch while
everyone
> else does the work. The democrates want to give the needy a hug and
> the republicans want to cut off their welfare.
>
> 2. Neither Jose or I have a lot of time. Jose is a full time trader
> and systems developer, so am I. I trade intraday and EOD. Jose
trades
> EOD. My trading takes between 10 and 12 hours a day. I write the
> posts while the computer is crunching numbers, or I'm watching
> charts. Jose publishes a detailed list of his trades and his
results.
> Anyone who wishes to see them can. In addition, Jose is an
excellent
> programmer, whose code is elegant. Roy is in the same class with
Jose.
> Roy publishes a newsletter that teaches coding among other things.
> Excellent to say the least.
>
> 3. In your summary, you glossed over a few things and left out
> Charlie's step by step explanations of how to construct systems.
Oh,
> well. I guess a summary can't have everythng in it.
>
> 4. Of course Charlie talks about TradeStation. The articles were
> written for TradeStation users and Charlie owns the TradeStation
> companies, so he's probably not going to recommend Metastock.
>
> 5. Here's my summary of what you need to get from the articles.
Learn

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM