[EquisMetaStock Group] details and other wasteful pursuits

Superfragalist's lively post below encapsulates some of the most
important and basic ideas (and traps) about successful trading, with
regards to developing a suitable strategy to the individual trader.
It's a pity that this excellent post will get buried under the 99% of
rubbish to follow.

Curve-fitting to past results, looking for this or that indicator that
will make us into a mega-trader, in short, looking for the edge in the
details - all this and more is akin to looking for that oil well under
every pebble on a desert landscape.

Post Q:
"Anyone know if there could be any oil under there small stones shaped
like a pretzel?  What would be the best size/ratio/parameters for them
pebbles?"

Reply:
"Hey Joe, I've run my MetaExplorer Percolator XVI through my
historical database, and just found that 100 billion barrels of oil
previously discovered had pea-shaped stones on top of it!   Forget
pretzels man - look under peas, small longish ones..."

Take the sharp advice from Superfragalist while it lasts.
Take the time to read this great advice:
http://www.elitetrader.com/tr/index.cfm?s=17

There are no short-cuts to successful trading strategy development.
The most successful trader in the world could give us all his secrets,
and we wouldn't know what to do with this easily-acquired wisdom.

Don't be lazy, don't waste time on short-cuts, do the work, dig deeper
than the parameters/indicators/etc, and you *may* just be on your way
to a chance to make it, and perhaps even strike wealth as a side
benefit.

jose '-)