From: superfragalist [mailto:jackolso@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 2:05 PM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: XP Upgrade

According to Microsoft they're going to try to force the upgrade to
XP2. If you keep the update turned off, you can prevent it for
awhile, but they've set a date (I don't remember what it is.) to have
everyone using XP upgraded. They have a variety of strategies to try
and push it through. We'll see.

The strategy is not to fix XP compatibility problems but to get
software vendors to update their software to work with XP.

I won't migrate to XP under any conditions until they stop selling
Win 2000(3).

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Sprunger"
<tlsprunger@xxxx> wrote:
> How are they going to update you if you don't have your auto update
turned
> on?
> I turned mine off the day I installed XP two years ago. I go check
everyonce
> in a while and download only the stuff I want.  I have not
downloaded SP2
> and won't until I am convinced it is o.k.

You
> > could switch to a MAC. MS still wouldn't work, but at least your
OS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM