From: Dale Swinford [mailto:d_swinford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 9:26 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Securities data in one or several
folders?

If you trade stocks, there may be no apparent advantage, other than
unwieldiness in Windows.  However, if you trade commodity spreads like I do,
there is another important consideration.  A spread is a "composite
security" in the Downloader, and the Downloader won't allow the "legs" of
the composite to be in different folders.  For this reason, I create folders
like "Grains" instead of "Wheat" and "Corn" for instance, since the Wheat
vs. Corn spread is an important (and common) tradable.  Likewise, I have
folders for "Energies", "Livestock", "Softs", "Currencies", "Metals".  This
methodology keeps each of the folders "reasonably" sized.

Regards to all,
Dale