Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Securities data in one or several folders?

Dale,

I get your point. I trade options, but am using Metastock to do only
the stock analysis for the associated options. I will do the options
analysis in another software.

Andy

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dale Swinford"
<d_swinford@xxxx> wrote:
> If you trade stocks, there may be no apparent advantage, other than
unwieldiness in Windows.  However, if you trade commodity spreads
like I do, there is another important consideration.  A spread is
a "composite security" in the Downloader, and the Downloader won't
allow the "legs" of the composite to be in different folders.  For
this reason, I create folders like "Grains" instead of "Wheat"
and "Corn" for instance, since the Wheat vs. Corn spread is an
important (and common) tradable.  Likewise, I have folders
for "Energies", "Livestock", "Softs", "Currencies", "Metals".  This
methodology keeps each of the folders "reasonably" sized.

> Regards to all,
> Dale

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM