[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Creating a list of favorites

I've been considering item 1. The biggest hit would be the initial
downloading of the data. After that, I don't think it will take that
much additional time to update an extra 100 or so securities.

I'll look into TradeSim. Sounds like it has several useful perks.

Thanks

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Tomlinson"
<andrew_tomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> Two alternative ways, neither perfect:
>
> 1. Create a list in a notepad file (e.g., by a copy and paste from
a website
> list e.g. S&P500) and then save as a .sym file, following the
procedure for
> custom securities lists in the downloader manual. Then create a
favorites
> list form it. Its fast but means you are duplicating downloading,
so slows
> your update time.
>
> 2. TradeSim has a "FilterSecurity" function that works within
Explorer to

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM