Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: southern_man992000 Fractals?

Thanks for the info:)

Andrewsouthern_man992000 <southern_man992000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have not read Bill William's original work, but I do not think so. He may have done a statistical study, but I am not aware of it.In general I do not use fractals on their own, but in my experience they work well when combined with other criteria such as momentum indicators. If you have a favourite system already, try combining fractals with it to define entry points and stop loss levels. For example, if you use a simple slow stochastic, wait for the fractal to confirm. Williams combined fractals with his Alligator / Accelerator / Awesome oscillator system. (The Profitunity expert included with Metastock Pro 7.2). This sytem works quite well. But there may be more to fractal theory than I am aware of.Often when you have an established trend, fractals are good secondary enrty points if you missed the begining of the move. I
 often use them for setting alerts to catch a second entry point.I have an updated expert that I will upload together with a screen snapshot so you can have look at it.--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "andrew_slemko" <andrew_slemko@xxxx> wrote:> Southern_man992000,> > just a quick question about your fractal indicators and expert > advisor.> Does each fractal indicator rank the same on a scale of 1 to 10? or > is there a difference between signal strenghts from one indicator to > the next? Say one is strong (10) / mild (6) / and weak (4)? or are > the all the same strenght?> > > Andrew
		Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor