[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: southern_man992000 Fractals?

I have not read Bill William's original work, but I do not think so.
He may have done a statistical study, but I am not aware of it.

In general I do not use fractals on their own, but in my experience
they work well when combined with other criteria such as momentum
indicators. If you have a favourite system already, try combining
fractals with it to define entry points and stop loss levels. For
example, if you use a simple slow stochastic, wait for the fractal to
confirm. Williams combined fractals with his Alligator /
Accelerator / Awesome oscillator system. (The Profitunity expert
included with Metastock Pro 7.2). This sytem works quite well. But
there may be more to fractal theory than I am aware of.

Often when you have an established trend, fractals are good secondary
enrty points if you missed the begining of the move. I often use them
for setting alerts to catch a second entry point.

I have an updated expert that I will upload together with a screen
snapshot so you can have look at it.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "andrew_slemko"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM