RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metstock "cheats'? showing part of next day data?

Hi Dusant:

face=Arial><span
>   Thanks for your reply, and what
you say is what I am trying to do.
Using historical data:  <font
size=2 face=Verdana>and <font
face=Verdana>then add
each day's data one
by one.  That is exactly how you will see data, day
by day, or hour by hour.

color=navy face=Arial>I am viewing the data one day at a time and making my decision
whether or not to buy for the next day, before I view the next day.<span
>    I view or &#8220;request&#8221;
the next day&#8217;s data by holding down the shift key and pressing the arrow
key.

face="Times New Roman">

However, since this is historical data, Metastock already has the next
days EOD on file.  It starts to
partially draw the direction of the oscillator before I hold down my shift key
and hit the arrow key to view the next day.<span
>   Maybe this isn&#8217;t happening
to everyone or possibly no one has noticed this?

Thanks

Rick

who are deluded into thinking that a trading system is good.

>I always have, and always will
suggest one simple thing.

>While testing any indicator,
expert or trading system, delete a part of the data, and <font
face=Verdana>then add
each day's data one
by one.  That is exactly how you will see data, day
by day, or hour by hour.

>Then take your decisions, whether
you would buy or sell, maintain a record, and see if it is effective.

face="Times New Roman">

>MVHO.

face="Times New Roman">

>Dusant
Chief Architect
http://www.candlestrength.com/

face="Times New Roman">

face="Times New Roman">

href=""><span
>rcarbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<font
size=2 face=Verdana>>

>To: <<a
href=""><span
>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<font
size=2 face=Verdana>>

>Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 7:23
AM

>Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group]
Metstock "cheats'? showing part of next day data?

face="Times New Roman">

>> Hi:    I am
practising as per Elder's book "Come into My Trading
> Room" and using historical EOD data.   However, I find that
when
> looking at my charts, Metastock shows me what is happening the next
> day by starting to draw the next days oscillator line either up or
> down.
>        For example, on my EOD for May 3,
2003 using the Stochastic
> osc., I can see that the next day will probably be up somewhat
> because the Stochastic indicator has alread started to angle that
> way.   (Put your crosshair over May 3rd and you will see what I
> mean).
>        How can I set Metastock so that this
doesn't happen?

size=2 face=Verdana>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511