Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Traverse Destination folder help

Dear Sir,

I am simply amazed at your observations. Great, Very great.  You are
correct originally Viratech was my historical data supplier.

At present, I have no, repeat no data supplier.  I myself created the
historical data base using the same NSE symbol.  Every day i download
the quote file from NSE and convert it into ascii file and update.
This i was doing for quite sometime.  Very recently I have added the
chartists cafe files, 5-minutes data for very few stocks.   This is
off-line, copied from other sources, not updated daily.
My problem is, previously when all folders were updating regularly and
new files are added when NSE is adds.  I have done something wrong, I
dont know what i have done.  Now, if I tick, the traverse destination
options during ascii file updations, new files are created under sub-
folders A),B),C) and so on, old files are not updated.  So i removed
the tick traverse deitination options.  Now, all new files created
under the same folder, the old files are still not updated.  What I
am doing now is updating the each and every folder separtely. No
traverse destination and no new security is created.  Because of this
all new securities listed for trading by NSE are automatically
omitted.  I have tried everything all i can for the past three weeks,
except. Hope I get some help.  My advance thanks.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant" <dusant@xxxx> wrote:
> Karunakaran,
> I think your data supplier is chartists cafe. I do not know their
data format supply, but there is no reason why your data should not
be updated if you update the daily, nse jr, etc separately.
> You original data files seem from viratech, who gave historical
data in three or four subdirectories.
> The solution is as follows:
> Copy all your daily stocks in alphabetical subdirectories using the
downloader, like D:\stocks\eod\nse\a ... to z. You can select the
option to delete source file. Also you can select to copy the smart
charts.
> Similarly, if your have 5 min or 60 min data, put them in a
separate folder D:\stocks\5min\nse\a ... to z.
> Keep the real-time data separate from eod data in the ASCII file.
> Hope this helps.
> Dusant
> Chief Architect
> http://www.candlestrength.com/

Under
> > nse(d:\stocks\nse)a-h, i-r, nifty, junior, s-z. I use to update
> > myself, all the folders, sub-folders were updating properly till
some
> > time back.  If tick the options (1) create new security (2)
traverse

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511