  >From:
  Roy
  Larsen
  To: <A
  title=equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004
05:20
  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Stop
  loss
  DesmondMy experience with the Enhanced System
  Tester is so limited that I can't be sure that the result youwant can be
  achieved even when your code and settings are correct. This is not to say that
  the ESTis not up to the job, but that I'm not up to making such a
  judgement.Until recently nearly all of my testing has been done with
  my own Trade Equity tools, and with themI know exactly how to code my
  entries and exits, and I also know that TE will deliver on myintentions
  without fudging intended actions or results. If I want to simulate a
  "Realistic MarketPrice" I code the entry price to be one or two price
  points above the trigger price.I really don't know how the EST
  responds to different situations so I'm reluctant to give advice orsuggest
  specific coding solutions when I'm in the same boat as
  you.Roy----- Original Message ----- From: "LBP
  WorldWide (M) Sdn Bhd" <deslooi@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004
  10:04 PMSubject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Stop
  lossRoy,I have a similar question to ask, I want a buy
  signal trigger by today if yesterday close is higherthan the day before
  yesterdayi.e. close>ref(close,-1)but I want today enter is
  based on yesterday close add 1% and if today range is falls within
  theprice then only the enter will triggeri.e. today price range >
  ref(close,-1)*1.01This is what I do :In Buy Order tab, formula :
  "close>ref(close,-1)"    {without the quote}In Order
  Type tab, Limit of Stop Price :
  "valuewhen(1,ref(close,-1)*1.01,close)"    {without
  thequote}System Testing Option : Trade Execution tab : I checked
  the Realistic Market Pricebut when I plot the result on chart, I can't
  figure out whether my testing is true based on theconcept I had mentioned
  or not.Example:Date : 19/04/04Open : 2255High :
  2325Low : 2235Close : 2310Date : 20/04/04Open :
  2300High : 2415Low : 2285Close : 2400Date :
  21/04/04Open : 2405High : ?Low : ?Close : ?So, if the
  price rally upto 2400*1.01 = 2424 then I need the system enter price to be
  2424.Can you assist me ?Thanks In
  AdvanceDesmond----- Original Message -----   From:
  Roy Larsen  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent:
  Wednesday, April 21, 2004 15:14  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Stop loss  Alan  LastValue() is not the function
  to use. It loads the complete data array with the value of
  thelast  LOW on a chart. I can't suggest more than to try LOW, or
  Ref(LOW,-1), or ValueWhen(1,"entrysignal",  LOW) etc.,
  etc.  Roy  ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Alan Davidson" <alan_davidson22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Wednesday, April
  21, 2004 5:56 PM  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Stop
  loss  > In the "Buy Order" tab of System Editor, I've
  entered the indicators.  >  > I've set a "Strategic
  Delay" of 1 day.  >  > In the "Sell Order" tab, I
  don't want any indicators - simply a  > stop.  I want to set
  the stop for the Low of the day on which the Buy  > Order
  conditions were met.  So, for the stop, I entered:
  >  > LastValue(L);  >  > This stop is
  never activated, even although I can see that the price  > pierces
  the stop.  As a result, I buy once for each security, and  >
  never sell.  >  > Please advise.
  >  > Regards,  > Alan  >
  >  >  >  >  > Yahoo! Groups
  Links  >  >  >  >
  >  >
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
  Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor