[Metastockusers] Jose, thanks for the advice but....

I totally agree with you. I certainly would not blindly buy every
signal that the system genertates, nor would I from any system.

It took me a little bit of time to plot those arrows and post the
file and picture of what I was talking about.

My question is simply this:

All I want to know is, how those arrows on the chart example I
presented here, were generated from the formula that I pasted in
here, when the close was clearly not above the HHV of the last 3 days
in those examples.

You said that "The code I've seen does exactly what it's supposed
to.  It may however not do what you expect it to."

What is it "supposed" to do? i.e., according to the code, what are
the conditions that must be present for a Enter Long symbol to be
generated?

-Jeff

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose" <josesilva22@xxxx>
wrote:
> Jeff,
> The code I've seen does exactly what it's supposed to.  It may
however
> not do what you expect it to.
>
> Jeff & Henry,
> The bottom line is this:
>
> The chances of making profits from commercially available systems
are
> slim.
>
> The chances of making profits from free commercially available
systems
> are practically zero.
>
> Don't waste time looking for freely available winning strategies.
> By all means, use the available tools, but devise your own trading
> strategies.
>
> Life is too short.
>
> jose '-)
> http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Henry Z Kaczmarczyk"
> <henry1224@xxxx> wrote:
> > Jose, your code
> >
> > d:=If(C>Ref(HHV(H,3),-1),LLV(L,3),
> > If(C<Ref(LLV(L,3),-1),HHV(H,3),PREV));
> > a:=Cross(C,d);
> > b:=Cross(d,C);
> > a+-b
> >
> > will work for a 2 signal system,which can be a long only,short
only,
> > and a stop and reverse type of system, but it will not work with
a 4
> > signal system.
> >
> > I found that the external formula SysEval from the PowerPivots
Plus

<jnickoloff6@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511