[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Running two copies of MS at the same time

Preston:

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 10/4, manohohman <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:

> You can clear most Metastock registry entries by holding down the
> ctrl and shift key at the same time you click on the MS icon to start
> it up. Just type your name into the code box and keep going. All the
> defaults will be reset and a couple of other minor entries will be
> deleted. Doing this sometimes speeds up MS significantly, and other
> times it doesn't. If I get a few crashes or bog downs, I sometimes
> try this as well as rebooting to purge upper video memory. Works like a charm most of the time.

What Registry entries does Metastock make? (I have 8.1 EOD running on Win98SE) And if I follow this procedure, what "user entry" changes that I made will get reset to the Metastock default? I am concerned about losing some of my settings.

What kind of problems have you noticed that doing this reset fixes? And is it my registered name that I type in the code box?

> ~msfl.star can cause major problems. Make sure that's not lurking
> somewhere, if you notice issues.

I have noticed this once or twice, and deleted it. Any idea why it is created in the first place, and what it's purpose is?

Harry

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511