Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] You can't sell your MetaStock 7.2 !!!!

In a message dated 9/10/2003 1:12:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

First, you cant make any assumptions unless you have the full facts
from a reliable source. Just because you see 7.2 sold on ebay doesnt
necessarily answer the legal questions or make it legal.

Not true.  MetaStock has never stopped the auction of outdated MS software.  If selling it were illegal, they would.  It's that simple because they continually stop the 8 series.

The plug-ins don't even belong to MetaStock, they are third party, yet MS stops them.

Does that settle the legality of the issue?  Does for me, because eBay complies with the legal issues related to software and written copyrights, and they have gone after written copyright violators as well.

The only agreement I have for 8.01 EOD is to not make copies or make unauthorized distribution of it.  Check Help, About.  It can even be loaded on a 2nd machine, as long as I'm the owner of the second machine.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor