Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Secrets to Getting your stuff on Equis's Developme...

In a message dated 9/6/2003 8:13:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rjmods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Seems to me from what has been previously said that in fact we did not buy it ( we were hoodwinked into thinking we had bought it) but in fact we are leasing it - why - because we cannot sell what we purportably bought - seems then we are in a leasing situation and in this case all upgrades improvements etc should be supplied free as part of a leasing aggreement. Just food for thought.

I have "Unfair Advantage" from Commodity Systems Inc.  This downloads and maintains my commodity data on a daily basis - in MetaStock format.  I am LEASING this program.  I lease it on an annual basis, some lease it on a monthly basis.  If I do not renew my lease, not only does it stop downloading my data immediately, but it will in fact stop executing 30 days after the lease expires and I can no longer access my several years of UA historical information.  I've had that happen.  If you OWN MetaStock 1.4, it will still execute correctly on the platform for which it was designed.

Yes, as part of the lease agreement, I do get all upgrades to Unfair Advantage free of charge, as they occur.  There are advantages and disadvantages to leasing software.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor