Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock Official Add-ons

Roy,

Those recommendations to Equis would definately be a plus for
Metastock Users. I have been using Metastock since v3 from 1992. My
biggest disappointment with Equis is that they focus on the wrong
areas for their product like Add-Ons. Add-Ons dont do anything for
the Metastock program itself per say.

I have constantly given them suggestions on how they can make
Metastock more powerful. Besides your formula variables requests, I
would think more dynamic tools would definately be a plus. Many times
I have made suggestions to them but they dont listen. For instance I
have mentioned to make tools like the Fib Time tool be dynamic rather
than fixed whereby the user can contract/expand the time bars. I also
have suggested adding other built in dynamic tools...like those found
in dynamic trader etc.

They keep on telling me not enough people request it and therefore
they dont intend to add them. If only I owned Metastock...my
philosophy would be to not wait for requests before implementing them
but improve the software by adding dynamic tools etc before. They
shouldnt wait for the demand to make improvements but to CREATE the
demand for their product by having tools that every type of trader
would like to have in ONE software. This could make Metastock the
true king of trading software.

I have tried asking Equis on how I could contact Mr. Achelis for many
years now but they say he doesnt even have an email address. I know
if I had a one on one talk with him Metastock would definately be a
totally different and more powerful complete trading software.

I believe the purchase of Equis by Reuters will in the long term
backfire on Equis for it was purchased during the internet mania only
because every company was purchasing trading software companies...not
to give traders a better software but to draw people to their main
business which is data/information. ie. Reuters Data.

Equis should concentrate on improvements to the product itself
whether they be more powerful formula variables or tools and not
focus on some add-ons. Just my thoughts. Anyways, back to the real
world i go..LOL.

gann_144

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Eduardo
>
> I for one am not interested so much in fancy add-ons, though I am
sure that
> some really are worth the money, as being able to extract value
from the
> package that I have already paid good money for. I don't want to
abandon my
> investment in MetaStock but may eventually be forced to do so if
> improvements are not made to the formula language.
>
> It has been rumoured that 95% of MetaStock users are not interested
in the
> formula language. I suggest that the remaining 5% would be a
significantly
> higher proportion of total users if ex-users hadn't switched to
programs
> such as AmiBroker because of the frustrating limitations in the
MetaStock
> formula Language.
>
> Here is my wish list for the existing product. I'm an EOD user.
>
> 1. IsDefined and IsUndefined functions implemented so that they
address the
> issues and are not just a waste of space.
> 2. Modifiy existing functions or implement new ones that have the
format
> Function(Data Array,Periods, {AND} Expresion) where Periods can be
modified
> to count some other event. Example: HHV(H,5,DayOfWeek()=5);
> 3. Conditional Loop/Jump function.
> 4. Expanded editor window for Indicator Builder and other tools.
> 5. Removal or expansion of the 20 variable limit.
> 6. Removal or expansion of the 40 constant limit.
> 7. Expansion of indicator and exploration column maximum size.
> 8. Fix the small data errors that are associated with single digit
> precision.
> 9. Create a CurrentValue() function.
> 10. Create a function to allow variables to be treated as constants.
> Example: Mov(C,Constant(ADX(14)),S); where Constant() converts a
variable to
> allow it to be treated as a constant in the same way as LastValue
(), but
> allowing the value to change bar by bar.
> 11. Reinstate the exploration folders and lists features of 7.xx
verions, at
> least for EOD users.
>
> Some of these problems have partial solutions but these are
inevitably
> clumsy and frustrating to work with.
>
> Regards
>
> Roy Larsen
> Daily MetaStock user since 1998
>

> I must say that I enjoy the messages from the group I am very
impressed
> by the organization and the level of discussions I see on the group
> every week.
> As many of you already know I work for Equis.  My main
responsibilities

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM