[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Indicator to Plot Moving Average with Fast Fourier Trans.

Bharat,
I have a strong feeling that you have misunderstood the FFT in MS.
The FFT in MS gives three values.
What I suggest that you do a small experiment with a few widely traded
stocks (indicies). You would find three values, for the long term,
intermediate term and short. Now I assume that you are looking mainly
for the short term FFT output.
Decide and freeze on certain high and low values, use a mean (average)
and then use the output of the FFT to be greater than (less than) a
certain parameter which you freeze on.
I do not mean to sound discouraging, but the FFT only lets you know
the LENGTH of time the dominant cycle has lasted, and would actually
be useless to use as an input for an MA.
Assume that in a 1000 period test you have 800 300 and 200 periods of
FFT cycles.
So the MA you would derive would be 800 for the first leg, 300 and 200
for the 2nd and third legs.
Which is not a very sound method of constructing an MA.
And subsequently, which cycle are you going to use?
Please pardon me if I am misunderstanding your objective.
And btw, if you do use the FFT to construct a MA, use the ref,-1
function because the FFT will not plot on the last data point.
Dusant

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mudgalbharat <no_reply@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM